Have you made up your mind on what to buy this Thanksgiving or on the day after? The pressure builds as the date arrives and the count down has already begun with some stores offering exclusive online deals much ahead. Hurry up and grab the deals before it is too late. But, do not buy unnecessary stuff just because it is cheap.
The annual tradition of ‘Thanksgiving’ has arrived and families have already begun preparations for the dinner and travel plans. For most families, the day after Thanksgiving or the Black Friday plays a crucial role. It is the day of the year when stores rain discounts, offers, and deals which can never be found during the regular days. Most stores promote holiday shopping and offer goods at reduced prices during certain hours on the day after Thanksgiving. Often, some of the deals are extended to online shopping or also known as ‘Cyber-Monday’.
The mad rush, long queues, lack of parking spaces, midnight shopping, and heavy shopping are worth on some goods which we desperately need and are available at reduced prices on the Black Friday. You can even find shoppers lined up on the Thanksgiving day evening itself to claim the goods as soon as the doors of the stores open.
So, how do we go about claiming these deals when entire community population is hovering around the stores. It is better to check the previews of the deals online. The stores announce their deals on their websites or through local paper advertisements. Shoppers can get a preview of the deals of what is the price of the item you are looking. Let’s look at the different local stores and their Black Friday deals.
- Walmart has given the store layout in its ad, so that shoppers can reach the exact point of the item. The stores open at five in the Friday morning, so you may start standing in the queue right from the day before. 🙂 The toys and video games can be bought starting midnight 12 am itself.
- Bestbuy opens the door at five on Friday morning and you can find great deals on electronic items. You can buy online this Thursday itself instead of waiting in the midnight queues. Some of the deals are good through Thursday to Saturday.
- Sears opens the doors at seven am on Friday morning till noon. Sears has different offers on all the three days, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
- Kohls opens at three on Friday morning. You can create a list and shop all day on Thursday itself. Kohls is also popular for its cash back offer!
- JCPenney opens the store at four on Friday morning up to one in the noon. The store’s sneak peek reveals the deals the store is going to offer.
- Kmart opens at five on Friday till eleven in the morning. You can shop online on Thursday itself and some deals are good on Thursday and Saturday too.
- Target opens at four on Friday morning and has posted the Black Friday deals. The sale is extended up to Saturday apart from the exclusive online deals.
Menards, Toysrus, Blair’s farm and fleet, Hyvee, JewelOsco, Sams and all the local stores have posted their ads.
The Wii bundle is $197 at Best buy and Sams, but Walmart is pricing $250 along with the Balance board. Board games start at $3 on Walmart and $5 on Kmart. Sears is offering diamond jewelery at reduced prices such as the diamond pendant from $78. JCPenney and Kohls have apparel at reduced prices for everybody.
Most stores have online deals coupled with free shipping and site to store picking to avoid the rush on the Black Friday. You can find many Black Friday deals on Slickdeals, Dealsplus, Amazon, ebay, and Blackfriday.
If you have a group of friends, it is better to share the stores and buy a planned item. Remember that long queues are inevitable and it might take hours before you get in the store. Do not get disappointed if you do not find the planned item when you reach the store.
Whether it is a kitchen item, toys, apparel, electronics, gifts, or a long planned gadget, the main goal is to be safe and happy during the annual Thanksgiving and Black Friday. 🙂 Let me know your best deal.